Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Ella!

Happy First Birthday to my big eyed baby girl!
You came to us, a week and a day later than your due date, in the early hours of a cold Tuesday morning. You had a ton of black hair (that you never lost) and you were happy as long as you were tightly swaddled, with your left arm free so you could suck on it. Right from the start you were independent...you were the sleepiest baby in the nursery and let me sleep a full night through before leaving the hospital. Although colic visited you for a couple of months, you outgrew the pains and cries and learned how to giggle and sleep soundly in your crib. Today, you love to climb just about everything, chase your brother around the house, and play with babies and balls.


The past 365 days have flown by. They're 365 days I will never forget. Never. Someday, when I'm old and gray, those are the memories that will make me smile. Thank you Ella.

No comments:

Post a Comment